Personal Injury Lawyer Campbell River
With a population of under 40,000, you might think of Campbell River as just a sleepy city that sits on the east coast of Vancouver Island. But, like all cities, things like car accidents, slip and falls, and medical malpractice still occur here. When a serious accident happens that leaves you injured, you need an experienced personal injury lawyer. At the Preszler Injury Lawyers, we have been representing personal injury clients for nearly 60 years, and have the skill set and legal acumen necessary to competently handle your case.
Our Campbell River Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our lawyers are ready to represent you if you have been injured, no matter the type of accident in which you have been involved. We are skilled in a wide range of practice areas, and have helped clients harmed in the following accident types:
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Car and other motor vehicle accidents;
- Large truck collisions;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Dog bites;
- Medical malpractice and birth injuries;
- Slip or trip and fall accidents;
- Defective product cases;
- Dangerous drugs and pharmaceutical cases;
- Premises liability accidents; and
If you are hurt due to the actions of another, we can help. Call us today for a free consultation.
What are My Rights after Suffering an Injury in Campbell River?
It is important that you understand your rights after suffering an injury, and that you are aware of the fact that not all injuries justify a personal injury claim. You may only bring forth a claim for personal injury damages in the event that the party who caused you harm breached a duty of care owed to you, and if your injuries would not have occurred but for this breach. For example, a driver owes a duty of care to others on the road to refrain from speeding or engaging in other aggressive acts; if a driver operates a vehicle aggressively and causes an accident, they can be held liable for damages.
You also have the right to pursue damages for the full extent of losses you have suffered. While the amount of type and damages may be limited by your degree of fault (for example, if you are 100% at fault for a car accident and file an ICBC claim for damages, you cannot recover compensation for pain and suffering), in most personal injury claims damages for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and non-economic losses like pain and suffering may be sought.
How Our Law Firm can Help
Recovering compensation after suffering a personal injury is not as simple as claiming that your injuries resulted from another’s actions; instead, you will need to present evidence that proves the elements of a personal injury claim and the extent of damages you have suffered. When you hire our Campbell River personal injury lawyers, we can help you by:
- Investigating your case: We are talented accident investigators who have the resources necessary to pursue your claim. In addition to visiting the accident scene and collecting evidence ourselves, we also hire experts and other professionals who can aid us in the reconstruction and investigatory processes.
- Filing your claim: We can handle all of the details of filing your claim, including ensuring that your claim is brought forth within the statute of limitations. We know that the legal process can be overwhelming – let us manage this on your behalf.
- Negotiating for damages: Even if an insurance adjuster agrees that you deserve a settlement for your injuries, they may not agree about how much you are owed. When you work with our law firm, you choose to work with assertive negotiators who have recovered large settlements on the behalf of our clients. We never lowball what your claim is worth.
Call Preszler Today
Being injured due to the actions of another person is a scary experience, and one that should not go without consequences for the at-fault party. When you are harmed and suffer injuries and other losses through no fault of your own, you deserve to be compensated. Our lawyers understand this, and understand what you are going through and why you need an advocate on your side.
To schedule a free consultation with our legal team during which you can discuss your case and learn more about your options, please call us directly at 1-800-JUSTICE. You can also request a free case review by sending us a message telling us about your accident using the intake form on our website. We do not collect a fee for our legal services unless we win.