Personal Injury Lawyer Nanaimo
Accidents can happen in a split second, leaving you with serious and potentially life threatening personal injuries. As the result, you may be facing a mountain of medical bills and unpaid expenses, while being unable to work or provide for yourself and your family. At a time like this, you need an experienced lawyer to uncover the actual cause of your accident and to hold those responsible accountable. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we have been representing clients in these situations since 1959. Our Nanaimo personal injury lawyers provide the guidance you need to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Professional Legal Representation for Personal Injury Victims in Nanaimo
Personal injuries often occur when you least expect them, such as when driving to or from work and while shopping or enjoying social activities with friends and family. While commonly considered as being accidental in nature, the fact is that it is often the reckless and negligent actions of others which are ultimately to blame.
The B.C. Injury Research and Prevention Group reports more than 400,000 people throughout British Columbia suffer serious and potentially life threatening personal injuries as the result of accidents each year. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, our personal injury lawyers in Nanaimo provide the professional legal representation needed for victims who suffer the following:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and dislocated joints;
- Severe lacerations, burns, and bruising;
- Abdominal injuries, causing damage to internal organs;
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated disks;
- Head injuries, resulting in concussion and traumatic brain injury;
- Psychological injuries; and,
- Spinal cord injuries, causing partial or complete paralysis.
Even an otherwise minor incident can leave you suffering permanent harm. In these situations, our team at Preszler Injury Lawyers acts as a strong legal advocate on your behalf. We investigate the causes of your injuries to determine who is responsible, so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
We Hold Those Responsible for Your Injuries Accountable
In our decades worth of experience as personal injury lawyers in Nanaimo, we know that most accidents are often due to the careless and reckless actions of others. Under the British Columbia Negligence Act, those responsible for your injuries can be held accountable for the medical expenses, lost wages, and other losses you suffer. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we provide the trusted legal representation injured clients need in the following types of cases:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Often the result of dangerous driving behaviors such as speeding, distracted driving, and driving under the influence, you may be entitled to compensation through a claim filed against the at fault driver through the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC).
- Slips, trips, and falls: Often considered the result of clumsiness or not watching where you are going, slips, trips, and falls are actually mostly due to a failure of property owners or managers in maintaining the premises. Wet floors, uneven sidewalks, and poor lighting all make these accidents more likely, and property owners can be held liable through a claim against their insurer.
- Being struck by or against objects: Injuries due to being struck by or against objects often occur near construction or renovation sites, at sporting events, or in stores due to overstocked shelves and improperly fastened fixtures. When a lack of safety precautions or employee errors causes you to suffer harm, you may be entitled to compensation in a negligence claim.
- Dog bites and attacks: Animals that are unsecured or allowed to run loose can cause injuries that leave physical and emotional scars. In these cases, the owner may be held liable through a claim for the current and future damages you suffer as a result.
- Dangerous and defective products: When manufacturers produce dangerous products or fail to provide the proper instructions or safety warnings, they can also be held accountable through a negligence claim.
Depending on the circumstances and the severity of your injuries, you may be entitled to coverage of your current and future medical costs, reimbursement for lost wages and future losses in earnings, and compensation for the mental anguish, loss of enjoyment in life, and loss of companionship.
Reach Out to Our Nanaimo Personal Injury Lawyers at Preszler Injury Lawyers Today
When personal injuries threaten your health and financial security, get the experienced legal representation you need to recover and contact Preszler Injury Lawyers. Request a free, initial consultation with our Nanaimo personal injury lawyer to discuss your case and how we can assist you in getting the compensation to which you are entitled.