Personal Injury Lawyer Port Moody
Many victims of Port Moody personal injury accidents do not realize the extensive implications for numerous areas of their lives. Besides the initial trauma you experience, there can be long-term pain and suffering and ongoing medical care. As costs of treatment add up, you may also be out of work as a result of your injuries. Your quality of life is diminished and there may even be consequences for your relationships with loved ones. Though you may be aware that you have certain rights to compensation, you may not know where to begin in terms of enforcing them against the responsible party.
When you retain our personal injury lawyers at Preszler Injury Lawyers, you can leave the legal aspects of your claim to our team while you focus on getting back to health. Our lawyers have extensive experience in these cases, whether we are negotiating with an insurance company to get the compensation you deserve or we are fighting for your rights in court. Please contact our office at 1-844-373-8202 to hear more about your options, and read on for more information on personal injury matters.
Solid Representation for Port Moody Personal Injury Accidents
While the specifics may vary, many personal injury cases are based upon negligence. You must prove that the responsible party breached the duty to exercise reasonable care, and this failure caused your injuries. If successful in establishing these elements, you may be able to recover for your losses, including medical costs, lost income, and pain and suffering.
You can increase your chances of success when you retain the knowledgeable lawyers at Preslzer Injury Lawyers, as we are dedicated to helping you get your life back after enduring the tragedy of a personal injury accident. Our lawyers pursue negligent individuals and their insurance companies in such cases as:
- Car Accidents and ICBC Claims: By law, all motorists are required to carry insurance coverage from the Insurance Company of British Columbia. ICBC is where you file your claim if you are a victim of an accident involving a passenger car, truck, or motorcycle; you would also seek compensation from ICBC if you are injured as a pedestrian or bicyclist struck by a motor vehicle.
- Injuries from Trips, Slips, and Falls: British Columbia’s Occupiers Liability Act requires owners and others in control of property to act reasonably in ensuring the safety of the premises. Hazardous conditions can lead to trip or slip and fall incidents, causing serious injuries to victims.
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks: If you are bitten, knocked down, tripped, mauled, or pushed down by an animal, there are multiple theories of liability that may allow you to recover for your injuries.
- The Occupiers Liability Act applies to dangerous conditions on property, so it may be possible to seek compensation for attacks on the premises.
- If the animal had demonstrated violence or bitten in the past, you may have a claim if the owner was aware and did not act to prevent another attack.
- Under the concept of negligence, the owner may be in breach if he or she breached the duty of care and failed to prevent an attack by an animal likely to cause harm.
Dealing with ICBC and Other Insurance Companies
If you are hurt in one of the most common types of personal injury accidents, it is likely that you will be dealing with an insurance company that provides coverage to the responsible party. Therefore, there are certain key points to keep in mind:
- Insurance companies, including ICBC, are businesses that focus on creating profit and keeping premiums low when possible. Your interests can be a lesser concern.
- Adjusters are paid to protect the company’s bottom line, which can mean finding ways to reduce your compensation or deny it entirely.
- While not lawyers, insurance agents are familiar with personal injury law because they handle claims every day. Your level of knowledge may not be as extensive if you do not have a legal background.
Reach Out to a Port Moody Personal Injury Lawyer Today
You do have rights if you are hurt as a result of someone else’s negligence in a personal injury accident, but you put them at risk if you do not have an experienced lawyer at your side. Our legal team at the Preszler Injury Lawyers has been fighting for clients in these types of cases since our founding in 1959, so you know your claim is in good hands. Please call us today at 1-844-373-8202 if you have questions or would like to schedule a free consultation. You can also check us out online for more information about personal injury cases in Port Moody.