Accident Lawyer Langford
Accidents can happen while you are engaged in otherwise common, everyday types of activities. You could be out running errands, on your way to work, home, or school, or engaged in recreation pursuits with family members and friends when a sudden incident leaves you with potentially serious injuries. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we understand the impact accidental injuries can have on every area of your life. Since 1959, our Langford disability lawyers have provided legal representation for clients in these situations, holding responsible parties accountable so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
Common Types of Accidents and Injuries in Langford
Sudden accidents are one of the leading causes of injury in Langford. According to the BC Injury Research and Prevention Unit, they impact more than 400,000 people throughout British Columbia each year. In many cases, they are due to reckless actions on the part of others, resulting in injuries that could have otherwise been prevented. Among the most common types of accidents in Langford are:
- Motor vehicle and truck accidents;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents;
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Being struck by or against objects;
- Animal bites and attacks;
- Accidents due to dangerous or defective products.
- Sports and recreation related mishaps.
Injuries that can occur as the result of the above can be severe and potentially life threatening. They include soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, and tears, serious cuts, puncture wounds, and lacerations, broken bones and back or neck injuries, and head injuries resulting in concussion or traumatic brain injury.
Get the Compensation You Need to Recover From Accidental Injuries
While referred to as ‘accidents,’ these incidents are often the result of reckless and negligent conduct on the part of others. Under British Columbia law, the Negligence Act allows injured victims to hold these at-fault parties accountable. Examples accidents for which you may be entitled to compensation in a claim include:
- Car, bike, and pedestrian accidents caused by speeding, distracted driving, failure to obey traffic signs and signals, or driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs;
- Premises liability accidents due to wet floors, uneven sidewalks, lack of proper lighting and handrails, or improperly stocked shelves;
- Dog bites, due to pet owners who fail to keep their animals on a leash;
- Product liability cases, in which a manufacturer produces a defective product or fails to provide the appropriate safety warnings.
In all of the above types of cases, you may be entitled to compensation through an insurance claim or injury lawsuit for the medical costs, lost wages, and other expenses you or your family members have incurred.
How Preszler Injury Lawyers Works to Help You
Depending on the type of accident you were involved in, the circumstances surrounding it, and the extent of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation through the Insurance Company of British Columbia (ICBC), through a property owner or manager’s insurer, or even through your own policy. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we carefully review all the details surrounding your claim, and can advise you on the best course of action.
Our Langford accident lawyers have decades of combined experience working with victims, insurers, opposing counsel, and court personnel. We are uniquely suited to help you navigate through the process, while investigating the circumstance and helping to gather the information needed in support of your claim. This includes:
- Police and accident reports;
- Statements from any witnesses at the scene;
- Testimony from accident reconstruction specialists and other experts;
- Videotape evidence pulled from cameras at stop lights or in stores near where your injuries occurred;
- Medical records and statements from your doctor;
- Pay stubs and statements from your employer;
- Receipts for medical care or services and other out of pocket expenses.
Depending on the types of injuries you suffered, you may require ongoing medical care for years to come, while dealing with the devastating effect of permanent disabilities. It is important to think about the potential long-term effects of your injuries.
Our Langford Accident Lawyers are Here to Assist You
When accidental injuries impact you and those you love, Preszler Injury Lawyers is here to provide the professional legal help and guidance you need. Call or contact our Langford accident lawyers online today and request a free, initial consultation to discuss your case and how we can assist you in ensuring those responsible for your injuries are held accountable.