Whistler Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured or have lost a loved one in a Whistler motorcycle crash, we invite you to call our personal injury law firm to discuss your legal options and verify if you have a valid claim for a lawsuit. The Whistler personal injury lawyers at Preszler can provide comprehensive assistance in the days following an accident, whether it’s finding the best medical care providers, putting a hold on medical billing, or preserving evidence before it is destroyed. We negotiate with ICBC to make sure you do not settle for a low-ball offer that will not adequately cover your losses stemming from the crash.
British Columbia Motorcycle Accident Statistics
- DEATHS: At least two people will die in motorcycle crashes on B.C. roads each weekend of the summer. British Columbia sees anywhere from 35 to 51 annual deaths related to motorcycles.
- INJURIES: Of the 2,200 motorcycle accidents in the province each year, nearly 70 percent result in substantial injuries – head trauma, broken bones, disfiguring road rash, burns, organ perforations, and crushed limbs.
- ACCIDENTS: Whistler’s Sea to Sky Highway connecting to Metro Vancouver is among the world’s most dangerous highways. Though it received $600 million in upgrades prior to the 2010 Olympics, there is still an average of 72 collisions per year on this stretch of highway alone.
Who Is to Blame For Motorcycle Accidents?
Speed, impairment, rider error, and inexperience are common causes of motorcycle accidents. However, more than half of the motorcycle fatalities from 2007-2016 involved another vehicle, where passenger vehicle liability may play a role. The other driver can be faulted for:
- Texting while driving or being otherwise “distracted”
- Failing to proceed cautiously and vigilantly when turning or changing lanes
- Running a stop sign, speeding, tailgating, or turning without signalling
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Some accidents may arise from political inaction, roadway design errors, vehicle malfunctions, or improper vehicle maintenance – all of which can be implicated in a lawsuit as well. Our team works with accident reconstructionists, private investigators, local police departments, and other experts to determine the exact cause of an accident, so you can have greater peace of mind knowing what really happened.
What If You Were Partially to Blame?
Even if a motorcyclist were partially to blame for the accident, the British Columbia Negligence Act allows for the collection of at least a portion of damages. Our Whistler personal injury lawyers can help mitigate your portion of the liability, so you receive fair and just compensation for your injuries. If approved, you could obtain financial recompense for current and future medical bills, loss of wages, out-of-pocket expenses, loss of housekeeping capacity, and pain and suffering.
Contact a Trusted and Capable Motorcycle Accident Law Firm Today
An initial case evaluation with a Whistler motorcycle accident lawyer at Preszler Injury Lawyers is always free and places you under no obligation regarding what the best next step will be. Should you wish for us to represent your case and we feel we are likely to succeed, we cover all the costs of litigation out of pocket and never ask for money upfront. A standard legal fee will be assessed if we recover money on your behalf. Call an experienced and personable personal injury lawyertoday, 24/7, to see how much your case might be worth.