New Westminster Trip and Fall Lawyer
When you trip, fall, and seriously hurt yourself on someone else’s property, there could be more than meets the eye. When big medical bills and lost time off work are on the line, it’s always worth investigating whether there was a known hazard the property owner and staff neglected to address promptly. A trip and fall law firm is a good friend to have during your recovery.
What Causes Trip and Fall Accidents?
At your free consultation, our team of New Westminster personal injury lawyers at Preszler Law will want to know exactly what happened– to the best of your recollection. Trip and fall accidents may be caused by:
- Boards that are not nailed down properly
- Torn up carpeting
- Uncovered cables or wiring
- Poor lighting and obstructed views
- Crumbled pavement and potholes in the road or parking lot
- Uneven sidewalks in poor repair
- Messy merchandising displays
- Objects left in a walkway
Common Trip and Fall Injuries
During a trip and fall accident, a toe catches a fixed object and propels the body forward. Injuries include:
- Face and head trauma
- Broken hands, wrists, toes, arms, and elbows
- Damaged knee joints
Trip and Fall Compensation
To determine what your case is worth, evaluators will:
- Calculate the amount of existing medical bills.
- Estimate the amount of future medical bills.
- Add on the cost of housekeeping services and out-of-pocket expenses.
- Determine whether up to $350,000 in “pain and suffering” is warranted.
Every claim is different, so it’s best to meet with a trip and fall lawyer to discuss your situation personally.
What Trip and Fall Lawyers Do For You
We provide clients with the attention they require in the aftermath of injury with:
- Referrals to medical providers in the area, if necessary.
- Thorough accident scene investigation, subpoena of records, and interrogations.
- Determination of liability, negligence, and duty of care.
- The securing of surveillance evidence, eyewitness interviews, and expert testimony.
- Dealing with insurance providers, medical bill collectors, and property owners on your behalf.
- Building a case for maximum compensation to cover all possible future expenses.
Should You File A Trip and Fall Lawsuit?
Even if you’re not 100 percent sure you want to file a lawsuit, our lawyers can help you understand the situation clearer. In British Columbia, the Occupiers Liability Act states that property owners must keep their premises “reasonably safe” and well-maintained. They are expressly liable for any injuries that occur due to negligence. Occupier duties may include shovelling, de-cluttering, making floors level, adhering to building code standards, repairing sidewalks, or maintaining adequate lighting. In most cases, British Columbia allows up to two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. There are several exceptions to the rule, so it’s always best to seek professional legal advice.
Free Personal Injury Consultations in New Westminster, B.C.
Our personal injury law offices are available on both sides of Fraser River – in neighbouring Surrey and Burnaby. We are accessible to the nearly 71,000 residents of New Westminster in Lower Mainland British Columbia in the Metro Vancouver region. With free consultations and contingency-based representation, you have everything to gain from working with New Westminster personal injury lawyers with trip and fall accident experience. Call us to get in touch with a trip and fall lawyer.