Victoria Slip and Fall Lawyer
Every day here in Victoria, we walk into public and private buildings without thinking twice about it: a school building, an office building, the grocery store, a shopping mall, or someone’s house, to name a few. When we do so, we expect to be able to walk around safely, exit when it’s time to leave and continue on with our day. Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents happen all the time. The best-case scenario is that it’s just a slightly embarrassing moment in our day, but in the worst cases, it could be serious or even fatal.
Common causes of slip and fall accidents
The slip and fall law firm of Preszler Law has been representing Canadians since 1959. There are a number of possible causes of a slip and fall accident, including:
- Insufficient lighting that increases the chances of a slip and fall accident.
- A wet floor that isn’t blocked off or clearly marked.
- A public bathroom that is experiencing plumbing leaks or flooding.
- A rug that comes loose on a slippery surface.
- Icy or otherwise dangerous conditions in a parking lot or outdoor area where people frequently walk.
- An area that needs to be matted but isn’t.
- A leaky container that causes slick conditions in its vicinity.
- Clutter or debris that causes you to trip and fall.
What to do after a slip and fall accident
In the aftermath of a slip and fall accident, it is crucial that you know which steps to take.
- Seek medical attention. The smaller the gap of time between when the accident occurs and when you first seek the aid of a medical professional, the easier your case is to prove in court.
- Gather a list of names, addresses, and contact information for anyone that witnessed the accident.
- If possible, interview everyone who witnessed the accident and record what they say.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident immediately. Again, the sooner the better, as delaying buys time for the property owner to fix the problem that caused your accident before anyone sees proof of what was wrong.
- If your accident took place on public grounds, report it to the supervisor of the property immediately.
- Contact qualified Victoria slip and fall lawyers to help maximize your compensation.
What we do for our clients
Our Victoria slip and fall lawyers have the experience to know what to expect when it comes to insurance companies trying to disprove or minimize your claim, and we know how to combat their pressure tactics. A slip and fall lawyer from our firm will dig deep into the facts of your case to prove that the area in which the accident occurred was unsafe, and we’ll work with any medical professionals that you need to see in order to document the effect that this accident has had on your daily life and may continue to do so for years to come.
Contact us today to get started
When you contact a slip and fall lawyer from Preszler Injury Lawyers today, you will receive a complimentary initial consultation. If you choose to partner with us as our client, we won’t charge any fees unless we recover compensation on your behalf. If you or a loved one have been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact us today.