Burnaby Slip and Fall Lawyer
Nobody is immune to injuries in an accidental fall. Even the most robust and active individuals can trip and suffer broken bones, skin contusions, concussions, and other serious injuries. Embarrassment or frustration from a fall should never prevent you from contacting a slip and fall law firm that can act as a trusted partner to help you recover from your physical injuries and financial losses.
Preszler Injury Lawyers has represented injured clients in negligence cases since 1959. Our extensive experience allows us to identify negligent parties and help slip and fall accident victims recover fair compensation for their medical expenses and other financial losses. Call our Burnaby slip and fall lawyers today for a free consultation.
What Is the Basis for Liability in a Slip and Fall Case?
A negligent party will be liable for damages in a slip and fall accident when the injured party is able to show that:
- The negligent party owed a duty to the injured party. In slip and fall lawsuits, the negligent party is most often a property owner or manager who, by definition, owes guests and invited visitors a duty of reasonable care to keep the property free from hazards and dangerous conditions;
- The negligent party breached that duty of care, for example, by being aware of a dangerous condition but taking no steps to correct it or to make the property safe;
- Those dangerous conditions were the direct and proximate cause of someone else’s injuries;
- The injured party suffered financial losses as a result of the injuries, including medical costs and lost wages.
What Kind of Financial Compensation Can an Injured Party Recover?
Many serious injuries in slip and fall accidents will require both immediate and future medical care. Many insurers will be quick to offer reimbursement for medical expenses that an injured party has already incurred but will ignore the prospect of future medical bills. If an insurance company does offer to pay your past or current medical bills, be careful not to agree to anything that waives your right to collect payments for ongoing medical treatment. Before making any agreements with an insurance company, it is advisable to contact a knowledgeable slip and fall lawyer first to make sure your rights are fully protected.
Other costs and expenses that you may be able to recover include:
- Any salary or wages that you did not receive while you recover from injuries;
- Transportation costs and other expenses incurred on account of a disability, or while commuting to and from medical appointments;
- Damages equal to the value of your estimated pain and suffering;
- The replacement cost of any personal property that was damaged in the accident.
In the most extreme situations where a slip and fall accident results in a party’s death, his or her survivors may be entitled to compensation for wrongful death, loss of companionship, and funeral expenses.
Preszler Injury Lawyers: Slip and Fall Lawyers for All of Burnaby, B.C.
Preszler Injury Lawyers has seven offices in British Columbia, including our Burnaby office at 4720 Kingsway, Suite 2600. We pride ourselves in treating all of our clients with courtesy and respect, and in giving their cases the full amount of our attention and dedicated service. We strive to eliminate the fear and intimidation that our clients might feel when they become involved in a lawsuit to recover damages from a negligent party.
Our initial consultations are always free, and we offer legal representation on a contingency fee basis. You will pay no out of pocket costs or expenses when you hire us, and we will earn our fees from the damages that we collect for you.
If you have suffered serious injuries in a slip and fall accident, please call us directly to schedule an appointment with a Burnaby slip and fall lawyer.