Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Richmond

Government of Canada records show that there are over 68,000 registered motorcycles in British Columbia. Each year, an average of 2,200 motorcycles will be involved in a crash, causing an estimated 1,500 injuries and three-dozen deaths, according to ICBC. Motorcycle riders tend to suffer significant injuries in accidents because their vehicles do not come equipped with same basic safety features that cars have, such as crash-resistant frames and airbags.

If you or a loved one suffered serious injuries in a motorcycle accident and would like to speak with an experienced lawyer at our firm at no cost, we invite you to call 1-844-373-8202 to schedule a free consultation. A Richmond motorcycle accident lawyer can evaluate your case and provide you with an opinion about its value. Preszler Law has over 55 years’ of experience in personal injury litigation and has handled thousands of accident cases.

What types of injuries entitle me to claim for accident benefits?

Accident benefits are no-fault benefits available to nearly everyone involved in a motorcycle accident. ICBC accident benefits will cover most of your treatment expenses (such as physiotherapy, massage therapy, occupational therapy and counseling) and up to $300 per week in lost income.

Motorcycle riders can sustain a range of injuries, depending on the dynamics of the crash itself. They may slide along the pavement, catapult off the bike, or collide and stop suddenly upon impact. The rider’s and the driver’s velocity at the moment of impact, and whether or not the rider was wearing safety gear also affect the severity of the injuries.

Any injury that needs treatment can substantiate a claim for accident benefits. Below is a list of common injuries riders sustain in motorcycle accidents:

How do I prove I was not at fault for the accident?

There are many factors that can contribute to a motorcycle accident.

In some cases, fault may lie with the rider. Lack of riding experience, speeding, and lane splitting can cause a serious wreck. In most cases, though, it is a lack of another driver’s awareness that leads to accidents. Motorcycles are small vehicles, making them less visible on the roads. When drivers are distracted or fail to carefully screen their surroundings before turning or changing lanes, they can easily hit a motorcyclist.

Our firm can conduct a thorough investigation of your accident to reveal its exact cause. Evidence may show the motorist was:

  • Driving under the influence.
  • Driving aggressively.
  • Texting or engaging in other forms of distraction.
  • Not adhering to the rules of the road.

Sometimes, our investigation reveals a road hazard, e.g., pothole, uneven pavement, or slick road was to blame for your accident. In these cases, the government may be responsible for your accident and owe you compensation.

What if it turns out I am partially at fault for the accident? Can I still pursue a claim?

Even if you were partly at fault for your accident, you might still be entitled to damages from the other party. The caveat is that your role in the accident will affect the amount you can recover. In legal terminology, shared fault is called contributory negligence. If you were 25 percent responsible for causing your accident, then you can still sue the other motorist for 75 percent of your damages.

Because proving fault plays such a critical role in the success of a claim, it is important to have a lawyer assist you with the process.

Can I still seek compensation if no other vehicles were involved in my accident?

If no other vehicles were involved, you should have access to your own accident benefits coverage, which will pay for your medical and rehabilitation expenses (up to $150,000), lost wages of up to $300 per week, and death benefits – irrespective of fault.

You are welcome to call our office in Richmond at 1-844-373-8202 to schedule a free case evaluation to determine your legal rights to compensation.

How can Preszler Law benefit my motorcycle accident case?

Preszler Law has been helping injured accident victims and their families for over half a century. Our extensive background and legal aptitude combined with our genuine passion for helping injured people in British Columbia make us an optimal choice for your legal representation. Feel free to peruse our client testimonials and read more about our firm to learn about our service.

When you enlist our help, we will:

  • Explain your options in a no-nonsense manner.
  • Help with collecting evidence, filing documents, and proving fault.
  • Ensure you receive the full amount of damages and benefits available to you.
  • Advocate for your best interests at each stage of the process.
  • Negotiate with ICBC on your behalf, and, if you want, take the case to court.
  • Not charge you up front fees.

Contact the Preszler Law Firm at 1-844-373-8202 and speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer in Richmond today.

Scroll to Top