Kamloops Product Liability Lawyer
Canada holds its consumer product manufacturers to high safety standards. However, they rely upon citizen advocates to alert them to products or manufacturing practices that may have slipped under the radar, causing serious harm. If this has happened to you, our Preszler team of Kamloops product liability lawyers are here to help. We represent our clients with honesty, integrity, and respect. It costs you nothing to schedule a consultation with us.
What Canadian Laws Protect Consumers?
We can point to several different laws to justify your right to seek recompense.
- The Canadian Consumer Product Safety Act was created by Health Canada in 2011 to hold manufacturers and sellers responsible for the safety of their goods. Manufacturers are required by law to report any safety incidents, provide supplier information, inform consumers of safety information, and maintain honest advertising.
- The Consumer Protection Act of 2002 codified various common laws requiring vendors to maintain reasonably acceptable consumer product safety standards. Among the protections is a provision that specifically makes it illegal for businesses to provide false information about the products they offer.
Canadian common law assumes manufacturers must research, test, oversee, and produce goods that are reasonably safe if used as intended. Any potential or known risks must be included in product packaging. Most product liability claims arise from defects in design, defects during manufacturing, failure to warn, failure to test or inspect, and breach of warranty. Filing suit is a complex process—made much easier with a dedicated product liability law firm.
How Are Valid Product Liability Claims Created?
Even so, to receive compensation, a plaintiff must prove that negligence occurred. This means demonstrating that the company owed a duty of care, that the duty of care was breached, and that the breach in duty of care directly caused an injury. Our team of dedicated professionals will help you build substantial grounds for compensation and file your paperwork before the (two-year) limitation period ends.
What Damages Are Awarded in Product Liability Cases?
If your claim is successful, you can expect compensation designed to restore your quality of life, including:
- Past, present, and future medical costs
- Lost Wages and diminished future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering (up to a cap of roughly $375,000)
- Punitive damages (rare, but possible)
Contact Kamloops Product Liability Lawyers Today
We offer free, no-obligation consultations and contingency-based representation. If we don’t win money on your behalf, you pay nothing for legal services rendered. Contact us to explore your legal options today.