Kelowna Personal Injury Lawyers
Since 1959, Preszler Law personal injury lawyers have been committed to exceptional customer service, whether it’s finding a referral to the best local medical care, answering pressing late-night legal questions, or simply connecting with someone who really cares about all you’re going through. We choose our caseload with care to ensure you’ll receive the support you need during the civil lawsuit process.
Do You Have A Personal Injury Case?
Accidents can happen any time, anywhere, to anyone. The sudden upheaval is draining physically, emotionally, and financially. As medical bills pile up and days off work turn into weeks, you may have no choice but to file a civil lawsuit if the situation allows.
The following criteria make an accident a “personal injury”:
- You suffered a serious injury (not just property damage). Most personal injuries result in hospitalization, surgery, a lengthy recovery, or permanent damage. Broken bones, burns, organ perforations, joint trauma, nerve damage, traumatic brain injuries, and PTSD are all costly injuries worthy of a lawsuit. Common causes of personal injuries include motor vehicle accidents, slip/trip/falls, workplace accidents, medical provider mishaps, defective drugs or consumer products, and dog attacks.
- Your serious injury caused a loss. ICBC only covers so much. Sometimes your medical bills, lost wages, medications, property damage, and other out-of-pocket expenses exceed what you can reasonably collect from traditional avenues. In order to receive compensation through a lawsuit, you must be able to prove you suffered a loss.
- Another person’s recklessness or negligence directly contributed to the injury. This factor you may not be able to prove immediately in the aftermath of the accident, but our investigative team can explore the matter further. Recklessness involves action with blatant disregard for consequence, whereas negligence is the failure to exercise proper duty of care or adhere to reasonable standards for conduct in a given situation.
- It’s been less than two years since the accident. B.C. has a general two-year limitation period on personal injury lawsuits. Exceptions may be granted if the true cause or extent of the injury was not determined immediately after the accident, but it is best to speak with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to initiate a claim, without fear of a time-barred dismissal.
How Much Is A Personal Injury Case Worth?
A successful personal injury claim may result in financial compensation for:
- Past, present, and estimated future medical bills
- Past, present, and estimated future loss of wages
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to disability
- Costs of repairing damaged property involved in the accident
- Estimated “pain and suffering” – a measure of physical pain, disfigurement, and loss of amenities
- Wrongful death of a loved one, lost companionship/guidance/support, funeral, and burial costs
We are pleased to offer FREE consultations to those seeking legal advice after an accident, and contingency-based legal representation at NO UPFRONT COST to our clients. You only pay us a prearranged legal fee if and after we secure compensation on your behalf.
Proudly Serving Kelowna, B.C.
Come visit our Kelowna personal injury law firm located in a high rise at 1631 Dickson Avenue, Suite 1100. You’ll find us across the street from the Centre for Arts and Technology, amid coffee houses and thrift stores. The Kelowna office is one of seven located across British Columbia.