Whistler Personal Injury Lawyer
Sometimes you tumble downhill in a freak skiing accident, sustaining serious injury, as a matter of bad luck. Other times, you fall down a flight of stairs at the ski lodge because the handrail wasn’t securely fastened. Or another vehicle cuts you off on the way to the slopes, causing you to crash.
When another person’s negligence or recklessness causes an accident, it is considered a personal injury. Contacting a personal injury law firm as soon as possible will help you uncover the true nature of your accident. You may be entitled to receive compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Do You Have A Personal Injury Claim?
After an accident, a personal injury lawyer can help you determine whether you have a strong case and how much compensation you may be entitled to receive.
For a personal injury lawsuit, you must prove:
- You were involved in an accident with another party.
- You sustained serious injury, and the accident directly caused the injury.
- You suffered losses associated with the injury – medical bills, time off work, and non-pecuniary losses.
- The other party was primarily at fault for the accident through negligence or recklessness.
Motor Vehicle Accidents & ICBC
Motor vehicle accidents represent one of the most common categories of personal injury accident in British Columbia. Basic ICBC insurance will cover any person injured by a motor vehicle – whether a driver, passenger, cyclist, or pedestrian. However, you may have to sue ICBC to take advantage of the universal coverage. Many Whistler residents mistakenly assume ICBC will provide sufficient compensation for their injuries, only to find they are swiftly offered a lowball settlement offer. The less they pay you, the more they save.
Preszler Injury Lawyers handles cases like yours all the time. You’re not sure how to get the money you know you deserve. Or you can’t tell whether the first offer is the right one. Maybe, in the aftermath of the accident, you’re not exactly sure what happened at all, and you need answers for closure.
When your injuries are severe enough to keep you out of work for an extended period of time, working with a personal injury lawyer will ensure you have sufficient funds to cover your long-term rehabilitation.
Other Types of Personal Injuries
Other causes of personal injury include:
- Premises liability issues – cracked sidewalks, icy parking lots, slippery puddles, poorly lit stairwells, flipped up carpeting, broken stairs, missing handrails, off-leash dogs, and other hazards.
- Medical malpractice – surgical errors, wrong diagnosis, uncontrolled infections, birth injuries, wrong medication, extreme complications following surgery.
- Pedestrian accidents – bicycle crashes, collisions with motor vehicles, bus or train accidents.
- Workplace injuries – equipment malfunctioning, coworker negligence, maintenance issues, failure to warn of known hazards, failure to fix hazardous work conditions, failure to follow standard protocol.
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Whistler B.C.
Preszler Injury Lawyers proudly serves the 11,854 permanent residents of Whistler, British Columbia, as well as tens of thousands of seasonal workers and more than two million people who visit annually. If you have been injured while on vacation, it helps to have local representation when you are suing a local individual or entity, as we have relationships with the area judges, law clerks, and defense teams.
Our dedicated, hardworking team offers FREE consultations and contingency-based representation. You don’t have to worry about paying us, as we receive no fees unless we win money for you. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by exploring your legal options with a team of Whistler personal injury lawyers who genuinely care about your wellbeing.