Kamloops Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Trust is an important factor in your relationship with a doctor, surgeon, or other medical professionals. You trust that these health care providers will treat your condition appropriately, as per the customary standard. However, sometimes, that trust is breached when they neglect to treat a patient according to these accepted standards of care. The Kamloops medical malpractice law firm protects your interests and holds those responsible for your injuries liable.
The most common examples of medical malpractice are:
· Misdiagnosis- When a patient is misdiagnosed, they may spend a lot of time in treatment for an ailment they do not have, while their true underlying issue is unaddressed and worsens.
· Wrong medication- A doctor may prescribe the wrong medication for your condition, which does not aid in your recovery but instead may cause severe side effects.
· Delayed diagnosis- A doctor or surgeon may correctly diagnose the condition, but not in a timely manner. For example, a doctor may initially decide that a patient has condition A, which is relatively minor. It is not until some time has elapsed and the patient fails to improve, that the correct diagnosis is made. The delay results in a situation where the condition is now more serious and the treatment less responsive.
· Anesthesia or surgical mistakes- Errors made in the operating room may have devastating consequences. The wrong amount of anesthesia can cause permanent disability, as can surgical errors such as operating on the wrong body part– or even performing a procedure on the wrong patient.
· Birth injuries- Malpractice resulting in birth injuries often means permanent impairment for the child. In a worst-case scenario, the child requires lifetime care.
· Informed consent failure- All operations, even “minor” ones, include risk factors. If a doctor fails to inform a patient that a procedure is risky, and that patient suffers a relatively common, yet serious complication they were never warned about– this can be an example of informed consent failure.
Medical malpractice evidence
Proving a medical malpractice case requires a great deal of evidence. The lawyer must show that the health care provider in question did not uphold the accepted standard of care and must submit an expert opinion to back up their claims.
Medical malpractice is a complicated area of law, which is why it is wise to choose an experienced medical malpractice lawyer to represent you.
Contact Kamloops medical malpractice lawyers
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury because of a doctor or other health care provider’s error, you need the services of an experienced medical malpractice lawyer at Preszler Injury Lawyers. Call us 24/7 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Established in 1959, our results speak for themselves. There is no fee unless we win.