RICHMOND LONG-TERM DISABILITY LAWYER
If you or a loved one was denied long-term disability benefits, you are not alone. The harsh reality is that insurance companies do not pay every claim their policyholders submit or are entitled to. Insurance companies deny many legitimate claims.
At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we encourage you to fight for the benefits you need. You should consider having an experienced long-term disability lawyer by your side. Our firm regularly handles claims against Canada’s largest insurance companies. Our Richmond long-term disability lawyers understand the impact a debilitating injury or illness can have on a person’s life, particularly when it affects his or her ability to earn a living. While we cannot take away your pain, we can use our knowledge of the claims process to your advantage and increase your chances of receiving benefits.
To have your claim evaluated by a Richmond long-term disability lawyer at no cost, call us at 1-844-373-8202 today.
I’m just starting my application for long-term disability benefits. What should I watch out for?
In any long-term disability claim, medical evidence is critical to achieving a favorable outcome. Therefore, the following steps will get you off to a good start:
- Follow your medical treatment – as we mention above, medical evidence is crucial to the success of your claim. Therefore, it behooves you to keep your medical appointments and follow your treating physicians recommendations.
- Be honest with your doctors– good medical evidence starts with your treating physicians. They should be documenting how your condition impacts your ability to perform everyday tasks including your past and present employment. Doctors should also record your recommended treatment and medications and notate how those medications affect you. Tell your doctor about all of your symptoms and their severity – do not exaggerate or underreport anything.
- Be careful of requests for more information– insurance adjusters are trained to protect the insurance company’s bottom line. They do not always process your claim promptly and they may ask for information they are not entitled to. If you recognize this pattern, you may want to consider involving an experienced long-term disability lawyer who knows how to push he process along.
- Complete activity forms with help– before completing any questionnaires from the insurance company regarding your physical and mental activity level in the past year, you should consider meeting with a lawyer who can guide you in your answers. These forms will be an important part of your application and claim so it is important not to make any mistakes.
How severe does my condition have to be to get long-term disability benefits?
If your condition significantly hinders your ability to return to work at your previous capacity, you should be eligible for income protection. Medical conditions that are commonly recognized include:
- Back and spinal injuries.
- Head and neck injuries.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Anxiety depressive disorders.
- Chronic pain.
- Dizziness disorders.
- And many more.
If you are not sure if your condition meets your insurer’s definition of disability, contact a Richmond long-term disability lawyer at the Preszler Injury Lawyers today.
Speak with Richmond Long-Term Disability Lawyer for Free
At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we will evaluate your claim at no cost or obligation to you. Our goal is to answer your most pressing questions about securing long-term disability benefits and provide you with an informed decision about your chances for a successful outcome. We can also help you understand your policy’s definition of “disability” and whether or not you meet its eligibility requirements.
You do not have to embark on this journey alone. Negotiating with insurance companies is tough and overwhelming. Worse, if you are unfamiliar with the law, you may make a mistake that could damage your claim.
Let us help you get your claim or appeal off on the right foot. Call us now at 1-844-373-8202.