Long-term Disability Lawyer Chilliwack
If you or one of your family members has a medical condition that is preventing full-time work, you may be entitled to benefits under a disability insurance plan. Disability insurance is an incredibly valuable form of financial protection for families in Chilliwack; it helps to provide for people when they are in their most vulnerable states. Unfortunately, in practice, recovering full and fair benefits through a disability claim can be a complex and frustrating endeavor.
At Preszler Injury Lawyers, our skilled Chilliwack disability lawyers are committed to fighting for the rights and interests of our clients. We have deep experience handling all aspects of the disability claims process. If your disability claim was denied in Chilliwack, or if you have any questions or concerns about the disability claim process in general, please contact our law firm today for a free, no obligation review of your case.
Do Not Wait to File Your Disability Claim
If you are preparing to file a disability claim in Chilliwack, one of the biggest mistakes you can make is waiting too long to take action. Under British Columbia law, disability claims are subject to a strict statute of limitations. If you fail to take action before the deadline expires, you may not be able to bring a disability claim at all.
Disability claims are especially complex because there may also be additional deadlines within your individual insurance policy. Missing one of these deadlines may not mean that you are out of luck entirely, but it will make it more difficult to get your benefits. The best thing you can do to protect your rights is to get your case into the hands of an experienced Chilliwack disability lawyer immediately: the sooner you file your disability claim, the sooner you will be able to access whatever benefits are available to you and your family.
Three Important Tips for Disability Claims
- Always Follow Your Doctor’s Orders: To get disability compensation, you will be required to present a medical case. If you miss your appointments with your doctor, decline to follow up on professional medical guidance, or engage in prohibited activities, your (otherwise valid) disability claim could be denied. To protect your health and your legal claim, you should always listen to your doctor.
- Ensure Medical Records are Well Organized: For the most part, successful disability claims are built on a foundation of supporting medical evidence. You need to be sure that you have access to your medical records and that they are properly organized to support your disability claim.
- Be Very Careful When Speaking to the Insurance Company: You need to be very cautious when dealing with insurance company representatives. Some insurance adjusters are looking out for their employer and not always your best interests. Anything that you say could potentially be used against you to deny your claim. It is often best to work with the insurance company through your Chilliwack disability lawyer.
How Our Chilliwack Disability Lawyers Can Help
Your disability claims could be denied by an insurance company for a wide range of different reasons. If your claim has been rejected, you are certainly not alone. The good news is that this is not the end of the road. You have the right to file an appeal.
At this stage of the process, you should get your claim file and your official denial letter into the hands of a skilled Chilliwack disability lawyer as soon as possible. Your disability lawyer will be able to determine exactly what the insurance company denied your claim. Some of the most common reasons that disability claims are denied in British Columbia include:
- Missed deadlines;
- Mistakes on the disability application;
- Insufficient medical evidence;
- Disagreements over the definition of the term ‘disability’;
- Mistakes by the insurance company; and
- Bad faith tactics by the insurance company.
After reviewing your denial letter, our Chilliwack disability lawyers will take action to build the strongest possible appeal on your behalf. In many cases, disability appeals are won by obtaining additional medical evidence that overcomes the insurance company’s initial objection to the claim. Our office can send you to some of the best doctors in the province for an assessment in order to help prove to the insurance company why you cannot work. Each disability claim is unique. An effective disability appeal will vary depending on the specific case in question. This is why it is crucial that applicants seek individualized legal guidance.
Was Your Disability Claim Denied in Chilliwack?
We can help. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we have extensive experience handling disability claims. If your short term disability (STD) claim or long term disability (LTD) claim was denied in Chilliwack, you need to take immediate action to protect your rights. For a free, no strings attached legal consultation please contact our office today at 1-844-373-8202.