ICBC Lawyer Nanaimo
When car accidents occur, the damages you suffer can be severe. In addition to the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle, you may be facing a mountain of medical expenses due to injuries wthat prevent you from working or providing for yourself and your loved ones. In these situations, compensation may be available through the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC), but actually getting all the benefits to which you may be entitled can prove challenging.
At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we have been helping to protect the rights of car accident victims in British Columbia since 1959. Our experienced Nanaimo ICBC Lawyers provide the professional representation you need when filing a claim. We guide you through every aspect of your case, to help ensure you get the maximum amount you need to recover.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Nanaimo
According to ICBC crash statistics, roughly 44,000 car accidents on Vancouver Island were reported to the ICBC in 2016. More than 7,000 of these accidents result in serious and potentially fatal injuries each year. In addition to drivers, passengers, bicyclists, and pedestrians often end up being involved in these crashes.
When any type of motor vehicle accident occurs, Preszler Injury Lawyers is here to help you hold responsible parties accountable. Cases our Nanaimo ICBC lawyers represent include allegations of the following:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions;
- Reckless drivers, who disregard BC traffic rules and regulations;
- Motorists under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription medications;
- Aggressive drivers who engage in behaviors such as following too closely or improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on cell phones;
- Drowsy driving, such as being overly tired or falling asleep behind the wheel.
In accidents where the other driver is at fault, you may be entitled to file a claim against his or her insurance policy for the injuries and property damages you suffer. Even if the other driver is not insured, you may still be entitled to compensation through an ICBC claim.
Will ICBC Cover My Injuries?
ICBC basic auto insurance coverage is mandatory for all drivers in British Columbia. This provides third party liability coverage to cover other drivers in the event of a car accident for which you are at fault. It also provides basic accident benefits to cover you and any passengers in your vehicle. If you are in an accident in which another driver is responsible, you may be able to collect benefits through your own or the other driver’s policy. Benefits you may be entitled to include:
- Medical expenses, such as medications, chiropractic visits, counselling, and physical therapy;
- Wage loss assistance, if you are unable to work during your recovery;
- Housekeeping assistance;
- Property damages, which include costs to repair or replace your vehicle;
- Other expenses, which include out of pocket costs related to your injury.
While the basic policy has set limits for the amount you can claim, ICBC also offers optional coverage that you can purchase to better protect yourself when car accidents occur. Unfortunately, collecting on these benefits is often a complicated process. As a business, the ICBC saves money if they can find a reason to deny or downplay your claim.
Dealing With ICBC After a Car Accident in Nanaimo
Even a seemingly minor car accident can result in severe and potentially disabling injuries. If you have been in an accident, you need an experienced ICBC lawyer in Nanaimo, such as those at Preszler Injury Lawyers. We represent clients in ICBC claims who have suffered any injuries, including the following:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains or sprains;
- Broken bones and lacerations;
- Contact or chemical burns;
- Abdominal injuries, causing internal bleeding and damage to body organs;
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and herniated discs;
- Head injuries, such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in temporary or permanent paralysis.
To get compensation for the above, the ICBC claims process requires submitting multiple types of paperwork within designated deadlines. Under British Columbia law, the Motor Vehicles Act gives ICBC the authority to deny claims if this information is not submitted properly. Having an experienced ICBC lawyer helps to ensure important procedures are followed. We conduct extextensive investigations into every aspect of your case to help you get the maximum amount you deserve.
Let Our Nanaimo ICBC Lawyers Assist You
Before speaking with the ICBC or accepting any settlement, call or contact Preszler Injury Lawyers first. We can arrange a free consultation with a Nanaimo ICBC lawyer to discuss your case, the injuries you suffered, and the amount of compensation you need to recover.