Langley ICBC Lawyer
The Insurance Company of British Columbia (the “ICBC”) will likely be involved in resolving car accident insurance claims for almost every vehicle collision in British Columbia. Residents of Langley and its surrounding communities who suffer property losses and injuries in a car accident can find themselves fighting an ICBC bureaucracy that handles numerous accident claims every month.
Our ICBC law firm can help injured parties cut through that bureaucracy. Preszler Law established its offices in Abbotsford and Surrey to serve Langley Township’s residents in filing and negotiating claims with the ICBC. Our Langley ICBC lawyers can verify that your accident claims are filed promptly and with all of the information that is needed to justify a claim for the largest compensation award that may be available.
What Benefits Are Available Under An ICBC Claim?
If you have suffered injuries in a car accident, you may be eligible to receive compensation under ICBC “Part 7 Benefits”. Those benefits might include reimbursement for:
- Your past, present, and anticipated future medical costs relating to the treatment of injuries suffered in the accident;
- Expenses for rehabilitation and physical therapy;
- Recovery of a portion of the income you might have lost as a result of not being able to work while you recover from your injuries;
- In severe cases where an accident results in a party’s death, certain death benefits may be available for that party’s survivors.
These benefits are not automatic, nor is it likely that the ICBC will offer the full amount of these benefits as an initial response to an injured party’s claim. To qualify for benefits, you need to promptly notify the ICBC of your accident and you need to send the ICBC a written report about the accident and your injuries no later than 30 days after the accident happened. You also need to submit an ICBC proof of claims within 90 days. Finally, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit to support any claims that have not been resolved.
A Langley ICBC lawyer can help you to file your claim on time and to initiate a lawsuit before the deadline for filing expires.
Why Should You Retain a Langley ICBC Lawyer?
You are not obligated to retain an ICBC lawyer, but doing so can ease the burden of filing your claim with the ICBC while providing assurances that you will not miss any important deadlines. Moreover, retaining a Langley ICBC lawyer from Preszler Law has additional advantages:
- Your initial consultation with one of our lawyers is complimentary;
- You will pay no direct fees or expenses for our firm’s services, and we will earn our fees from the damages award that we recover for you;
- You can speak with one of our lawyers when it is convenient for you, including evenings and weekends;
- We have lawyers and staff that speak multiple languages, and we can explain the ICBC claims process to you in a language that you understand.
What Else Do You Need To Know About Filing An ICBC Claim?
There are several things that are not always self-evident and that an ICBC representative may not tell you when you file an accident claim on your own:
- The ICBC can require you to submit to a medical examination by a physician that the ICBC selects. You are not obligated to answer all of that physician’s questions. A Langley ICBC lawyer can help you understand what you should and should not discuss with an ICBC-designated doctor.
- You can lose benefits if you do not pursue treatments that a doctor or therapist recommends. An ICBC lawyer can clarify the treatments that you need to follow to avoid losing those benefits.
- In some situations, you can pursue an ICBC claim even if your accident happened outside of British Columbia.
- The reimbursements you receive from the ICBC are “no fault” benefits, and you may be entitled to those benefits regardless of whether your fault contributed to the accident.
Contact the Langley ICBC lawyers at Preszler Law
The lawyers at our firm can provide additional information and answer any other questions that you might have about filing an ICBC claim after you have suffered property losses or injuries in a car accident in Langley or elsewhere in British Columbia.
Please call us for a complimentary consultation with a Langley ICBC lawyer.