Delta ICBC Lawyer
If you are involved in an auto accident in Delta and it was not your fault, there is a good chance that you are entitled to receive compensation under your ICBC policy. Unfortunately, ICBC is not interested in simply paying out what claims are worth; it is more profitable for insurance companies to make claimants fight for the full amount due.
Preszler Injury Lawyers offers caring professionals locally to assist claimants in Delta, B.C. At our ICBC law firm, we help you prove the value of your claim to obtain maximum compensation.
What happens when you present an ICBC claim
If you are involved in an accident in Delta, chances are you will need to go through ICBC to obtain your compensation. Here is what happens:
- Obtain medical care – Safety is the most important priority. Some injuries may not be obvious right after the crash, but your prognosis for these latent injuries can be improved by early evaluation and treatment.
- Notify ICBC of the accident – Under the law, all drivers are required to provide notice to ICBC promptly (ideally within 24 hours).
- An adjuster will be assigned – this person will attempt to assign fault so it is imperative to not say anything that can be misconstrued against you. For your own protection, speak with one of our Delta ICBC lawyers before speaking with an adjuster.
- For a collision claim, obtain an estimate for the damage.
- Negotiate a settlement or explore options for disputing a settlement offer. Depending on the amount of the disputed claim, you may need to file your claim with the Civil Resolution Tribunal or with one of several B.C. courts. Be careful – if you do not file within the limitation period, you may not be able to recover any compensation.
How a lawyer can help
The time following a car crash can be confusing and frustrating – on top of recovering physically, you may also face the burden of lost wages, emotional stress, and the frustration of dealing with an insurance company. Preszler Injury Lawyers’ Delta ICBC lawyers walk clients through this process as quickly and painlessly as possible.
A skilled and experienced ICBC lawyer at our firm can assist your claim by:
- Investigating the facts and gathering evidence necessary to support your claim
- Calculating the fair value of your claim, including pecuniary and non-pecuniary damages
- Hiring excellent doctors and other experts to provide reports that substantiate your claims
- Communicating with ICBC representatives to prevent your words from being used against you and presenting a strong front when it comes to presenting a demand
Hire a lawyer in B.C.
Preszler Injury Lawyers now serves the personal injury needs of those across British Columbia with the convenience of consultation offices located throughout the province. We offer:
- Legal services in many languages
- Knowledgeable advice from lawyers who understand ICBC’s Part 7 benefits
- Valuable resources including a network of professional consultants and expert witnesses to help prove your claim
- Always free consultations
No matter how severe your injuries are following a British Columbia motor vehicle crash, contact an ICBC lawyer at Preszler Injury Lawyers. We are positioned to provide valuable advice and help you receive the compensation you need.