Searching for a trustworthy Burnaby ICBC lawyer? You’ve come to the right place. Preszler Law knows how to maximize compensation for your lost income, medical costs, and pain and suffering. Our Burnaby law office is located on 4720 Kingsway, convenient to residents across the city, from Edmonds and Montecito to Garden Village.
Free consultation with Burnaby ICBC lawyers
Having a competent lawyer advocating on your behalf is highly beneficial if you’ve been injured in an auto accident. After getting medical attention, your primary focus should be on your recovery, rather than answering calls and questions from insurance adjusters. If you are uncertain as to your rights concerning your Part 7 Benefits, it is in your best interest to consult with a reputable ICBC law firm such as Preszler Law.
Why jeopardize the value of your accident claim, when you can align yourself with a conscientious litigator who will safeguard your rights to fair compensation? If you live in Burnaby and need assistance with your ICBC claim, contact Preszler Injury Lawyers for a free, no-obligation consultation.
ICBC accident claims – mistakes to avoid
Even the most minor of motor vehicle collisions can be jarring experiences. No matter what type of accident you’re involved in, avoid these common mistakes:
- Leaving the accident site without reporting the collision — The ICBC may see this act as an admission of fault, even if you weren’t responsible for the crash.
- Not collecting personal information from all involved parties – You will need the license plate number, the driver’s license number and insurance information of each person involved.
- Failing to adhere to deadlines – You are obligated to submit a written report describing your car accident and injuries within 30 days of the crash and provide proof of claim form to the ICBC within 90 days of your accident.
- Giving an ICBC claims representative a signed statement – you are only required to provide a report to seek Part 7 benefits. A written statement regarding the accident may be used against you to minimize the value of your claim.
- Waiting to see a doctor – After an accident, always seek immediate medical attention, even if you think your injuries are negligible and do not merit treatment. A proper exam may uncover whiplash, torn ligaments or a concussion – serious conditions that can cause lasting pain and complications.
- Believing the ICBC representative is working for you – A customer claim specialist with the ICBC will answer your questions, but ultimate responsibility rests with you. Anything you say can be misconstrued, or used against you to minimize benefits.
- Not following your doctor’s advice – Try and adhere to your treatment plan and keep detailed records of all medications, tests, corrective surgeries and rehabilitation.
- Not consulting with an ICBC lawyer – Not every auto accident claim is complicated, but the easiest way to ensure you’re getting treated fairly is to speak with Preszler Law.
Sound legal guidance is just a phone call away, and at Preszler Law, you don’t pay unless our ICBC lawyers win!