Car Accident Lawyer in Burnaby
As the third-largest city in British Columbia by population, Burnaby sees a number of accidents. Not only is traffic congestion a problem that increases the chances of being involved in a motor vehicle, pedestrian, or bicycle accident, but there are also a number of other hazardous conditions in the area. Construction sites and dangerous premises are just a few examples.
At the offices of the Preszler Injury Lawyers, our Burnaby accident lawyers have helped people like you after enduring serious accidents and injuries. Please contact us today for a free consultation.
Our Burnaby Accident Practice Areas
If you have been injured, we can help. We have represented clients harmed in a myriad of accident types in Burnaby and surrounding areas, including:
- Slip and falls;
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Large truck collisions;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Snowmobile crashes;
- Bicycle accidents;
- Dog bites and dog attacks;
- ATV accidents; and
- Accidents and injuries caused by defective products.
We have also represented family members who have lost a loved one due to the wrongful act of another. If you have a wrongful death suit, we are here to provide you with competent, trusted representation.
The Basis of Accident and Injury Claims
Recovering compensation after an accident can be an intimidating process. Not only may you not be sure of against whom you should file an action, you may have questions about how the process works, your rights under the law, and how much your case is worth. Other than with cases for ICBC’s no-fault benefits, you will need to prove the following in order to recover compensation for your injuries:
- Duty of care: It is important to establish that the person against whom you are filing an action owed you a duty of care, such as the duty to maintain their property in a safe condition or operate their vehicle in a reasonably safe manner;
- Breach of duty of care: The failure to act with a reasonable duty of care is called negligence, and negligence is the heart of an accident claim;
- Causation: Not only must you prove that the party breached the duty of care owed to you, but that this breach was the proximate cause of your accident; and
- Damages: Finally, you must prove that you actually suffered damages as a result of the accident, such as monetary losses or physical pain and suffering.
Recovering Your Full Damages Award
When you hire the accident lawyers in Burnaby at the Preszler , we will work diligently to improve your chances of recovering your full damages award. You deserve to be compensated for all of the losses you have suffered, including but not limited to:
- Property damage costs;
- Medical expenses;
- Future medical expenses and costs of rehabilitation, physical therapy, etc.;
- Lost wages and future lost earnings and benefits;
- Loss of enjoyment of life;
- Pain and suffering; and
- Diminished value of relationships with others.
In order to get you the settlement you deserve, our lawyers will investigate your accident and identify all potentially liable parties, file your claim on your behalf, hire experts necessary to build your case and offer evidence, negotiate with insurance adjusters, and be prepared to take your case to court if need be.
You Must Act Quickly after Being Involved in a Serious Accident
It is important that you act quickly if you are involved in a serious accident in Burnaby that warrants an injury claim. Not only is filing a claim with ICBC or another insurance company essential as soon as possible (if you fail to do so, your claim may be denied), but there is also a statute of limitations in place that limits the amount of time that you have to pursue a civil action. If you wait too long to file a claim, you may be barred indefinitely from seeking compensation. There is also a two month notice period for claims against a municipality.
Call Our Accident Lawyers in Burnaby Today
Being involved in a serious accident is scary, and is something that no one deserves to go through. We know that you may be feeling confused and angry about your accident, and unsure of where to turn or what the future will look like. When you call our experienced accident lawyers in Burnaby, we will sit down with you to discuss your claim in detail and outline your options. Consultations with our legal team are free of charge, and we work on a contingency fee basis. Please reach us today by phone or online to learn more now.