Kelowna Birth Injury Lawyer
Many birth injuries are unavoidable. Whether they result from genetic issues or factors outside of the control of medical professionals, they are an unfortunate reality. However, a significant percentage of them stem from negligence or recklessness. If your child suffered a birth injury due to a medical mistake during pregnancy, labour, or delivery, the Preszler team of Kelowna personal injury lawyers might be able to help.
As a birth injury law firm, we take pride in standing up for local families who have been devastated by this. We understand how trying this time can be, and our compassionate lawyers will take care to treat your family with respect.
Examples of severe birth injuries
The number of birth injuries and their magnitude can vary tremendously. These injuries can occur from pregnancy through labour, but are typically only discovered once the child is born. Common birth injuries include:
- Cerebral Palsy – A brain injury that affects the child’s muscle control, vision, and hearing, cerebral palsy may result from bacterial infections, low birth weight, or brain trauma.
- Spinal injuries – When extreme pressure is applied to the head or neck of a child, spinal injuries can occur.
- Brachial plexus – A brachial plexus injury is that results the child’s shoulders are lodged behind the mother’s pelvic bone.
- Broken bones – much like with spinal injuries, the pressure from childbirth can leave a child with significant injuries.
- Kernicterus – This type of brain damage can occur when serious cases of jaundice go untreated.
When a birth injury lawyer performs an initial review of your case, they will carefully go through medical records to build a clear, accurate picture of what happened.
Our clients are our focus
At Preszler Law, we are client-driven. With more than 12,000 successfully litigated claims, we are confident in our approach. It starts with our no fee promise. If we are not successful in recovering damages in your case, you will owe us nothing. We never ask for up-front legal fees, and our contingency rate will never go up for as long as you are a client.
Communication with our clients is crucial. That is why our team is always ready to take your call. Want to speak directly with your lawyer about your case? We will make that happen. Our staff is prepared to work with you in any of the following languages:
Contact a Kelowna birth injury lawyer
If you have questions about the litigation process, a birth injury lawyer from Preszler Law can help guide you through how these cases typically proceed. What’s more, our firm offers free initial consultations to allow you to discuss your case. If you are ready to start the process of filing a birth injury lawsuit, contact our team today to schedule your free initial consultation.