Kamloops Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Home to Canada’s largest municipal bike park, Kamloops offers miles of scenic trails for avid cyclists. Whether done for exercise, pleasure, or an eco-friendly mode of transport, bicycling is a major part of the local community. And while cycling has myriad benefits for both rider and the environment, it is not without risks and dangers.
Proudly Representing Kamloops Residents
Besides a helmet and clothing, cyclists have very little in the way of protection in the event of a collision with a motor vehicle. Even low-speed accidents can result in devastating injuries, ranging from compound bone fractures and deep lacerations to dental fractures and paralysis. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident and need effective advocacy from an experienced personal injury law firm, call Prezsler Law for a free initial consultation.
Depending on the nature of your accident, you may be hospitalized, unable to work for long periods, or facing the daunting prospect of permanent disability. Dealing with ICBC adjusters on your own is possible, but rarely yields a fair outcome. Don’t settle for less than you truly deserve in the wake of a bicycle accident. Reach out to a Preszler personal injury lawyer to discuss your rights and the best strategy moving forward.
Accident Benefits Available to Injured Cyclists
Our Kamloops personal injury lawyers have a history of procuring favorable settlements for clients and leave no stone unturned when it comes to maximizing the value of your injury claim.
We are a bicycle accident law firm that is wholly dedicated to helping clients recover physically, emotionally, and financially in the wake of a serious injury. The following are examples of some of the damages victims may be eligible to seek:
- Loss of past wages and future earnings
- Future medical care and rehabilitation expenses
- Income replacement benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Costs for psychological or chiropractic services; rehabilitative equipment and vocational training
- Housekeeping and Home Maintenance Benefits – if you are catastrophically impaired
- Caregiver benefits
- Expenses for in-home nursing care
What To Do After a Bike Accident
All drivers have a legal duty of care when operating a motor vehicle, but carelessness, distractions, and negligence play a role in most bicycle-car accidents. If a motorist strikes you, or you are involved in any kind of bicycle accident, there are some important steps you can take to safeguard your rights.
- Call emergency services and wait for the police to arrive
- Convey your side of the story and ensure that authorities note all physical injuries you have sustained
- Do not discuss who was at fault for the accident; do not apologize or admit fault
- Collect contact information (including name, address, phone number, insurance info) of other parties
- If there were any eyewitnesses, get their contact information as well
- Seek medical attention as quickly as possible. To seek proper compensation, you will need a professional medical report that documents the extent of your injuries.
- Make notes about the moments leading up to your accident, including road hazards, traffic signals, location and weather conditions
- Take photos of the damage to your bike and store possible evidence in a safe place
- Keep all records and out-of-pocket expenses relating to your accident and injury
- Consult with a personal injury law firm about filing a claim with the ICBC
Preszler Law is here to provide thoughtful advocacy and peace of mind for bicycle accident victims in Kamloops. There is no cost to discuss your case with a bicycle accident lawyer, and we only get paid if we win or settle your claim.