After being injured by a serious traffic collision, slip and fall, medical error made by a physician, or other type of accident, recovering your health is your primary goal. How can you fully recover, either physically or psychologically, when you are suddenly out thousands of dollars due to lost wages, potential lost earning ability, property damage, and out of pocket medical expenses? The truth is that most moderate to major injuries result in extraordinary expenses and pain and suffering, both of which significantly diminish the injured victim’s quality of life while they heal. In some cases, full recovery is not possible, resulting in permanent impairment, scarring, disfigurement, or disability.
How a Lawyer can Help
Whether you suffered a minor concussion or total paralysis, you should be fully compensated for your damages by the party that caused your injuries. Two important aspects of healing, aside from physical healing, is knowing that your financial health is not jeopardized, and that the negligent party is held responsible for their careless or reckless decisions. You have already been the victim of a physical injury; we want to ensure that you are not the victim of an unfair settlement offer, and that you yourself are not blamed for causing the incident. The lawyers of Preszler Law Firm are here to help you seek financial justice for injuries that you were not responsible in causing.
Compensation Depends on Three Factors
The compensation that you are entitled to depends on the severity of your damages, the policy or property of the negligent party, and the experience of your lawyer. Personal injury damages may include the following:
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses and other injury costs;
- Ongoing medical expenses and cost of rehabilitation;
- Pain and suffering;
- Lost earning ability caused by disability;
- Lost wages; and,
- Diminished housekeeping abilities.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
We provide legal services for injuries caused by traffic collisions, slip and falls, medical errors, product liability, premises liability, dog bites, sexual abuse, snowmobile accidents, ATV accidents, and more. Some of the most common ways that West Kelowna residents are injured at the hands of others include the following:
- Car Crashes: Collisions caused by negligent drivers happen frequently in West Kelowna, and whether you are the driver of a car or the passenger, you deserve to be compensated by the party that caused the collision. If you were the passenger, this includes being compensated by the driver of the car that you were in if it is found that he or she was to blame;
- Truck Crashes: One if the most deadly truck collisions to ever occur in Canada occurred when a truck driver T-boned the bus of the junior hockey team Humboldt Broncos, killing 15 people, as reported by Global News Canada. Truck collisions often involve extreme injuries and multiple fatalities;
- Pedestrian Collisions: Pedestrians are considered vulnerable road users due to their vulnerability to motor vehicles, and we are constantly reminded of this vulnerability when tragedy strikes and pedestrians who were merely trying to cross the street are severely injured or killed;
- Bicycle Collisions: Cyclists often face the same grave injuries of pedestrians given the weight difference between the human body and a 1,000 kilogram vehicle. Cycling is much more dangerous than being in the comfort of a car, as the fatality rate for Canadian cyclists is 21 fatalities per 100 million person trips, compared to just 9.2 deaths per 100 million car trips, according to Statistics Canada;
- Slip and Falls: Falls are the leading cause of injury hospitalizations in Canada, and slipping and falling due to another’s negligent property upkeep is certainly grounds for a legal claim;
- Defective Products: Dangerous and defective products take many forms. If you were injured due to a defective set of car tires or a loved one was burned by a dangerous kitchen appliance or electronic device, compensation is deserved; and,
- Medical Errors: Whether a doctor makes a mistake due to inexperience, lack of sleep, willful disregard, or confusion, the injured patient has the right to seek compensation.
Contact the Lawyers of Preszler Law Today
Here at the Preszler Law Firm we work tirelessly for our clients to give them a better life and a glimmer of hope in the aftermath of the tragedies that they have endured. Let us help you by offering our experienced legal guidance at no cost to you. Call us today at 1-844-373-8202 to schedule a consultation.