Victoria Personal Injury Lawyer
With a population of 85,792 in the city proper and another 367,770 in the greater metro, Victoria relies on principles of basic common decency, due diligence, a sense of duty, and widely accepted standards of care to maintain order. When individuals act outside these accepted norms in ways that can be considered “negligent” or “reckless,” and their actions cause harm to another person, they may be held liable in civil court.
For more than 60 years, Preszler Injury Lawyers has been a name Canadians trust to handle their personal injury matters. We are proud to serve the capital of British Columbia and the southern tip of Vancouver Island with free personal injury consultations and compassionate legal representation.
Do You Have A Personal Injury Case?
Personal injury cases are marked by physical and psychological harm to an individual, rather than property damage. The injuries tend to be severe and lasting – a disfiguring burn, a broken bone, a perforated organ, joint injury, nerve damage, or soft tissue tears affecting movement. Treatment may include surgery, weeks or months of physical therapy rehabilitation, and extended time off work.
Sometimes it’s obvious another person was at fault for the accident, such as in the case of a motor vehicle collision where someone plows into you while you were sitting at a red light. Other times, you may require assistance from the investigative arm of a personal injury law firm to find out if the other party has a track record of safety violations or malfeasance. Even if you played some small part in causing the accident – for instance, if you were speeding prior to a car crash or weren’t watching where you were walking when you tripped on the cracked sidewalk – you may still be able to recover a reduced level of compensation.
What Can A Personal Injury Lawyer Do for You?
The Garden City offers residents the best quality-of-life available in our great nation, but what good is it if you’re stuck in a hospital bed, hobbling on crutches, or unable to get through the day without crippling pain? There are many advantages to contacting a personal injury lawyer to discuss your case.
- Get the best medical care. Our first and most important job is to make sure you get the medical care you need. Having the right doctor will not only serve you well in your recovery but will also validate the nature and extent of your injuries – which, in turn, will fetch more money for your rehabilitation. We know the best orthopedic surgeons, traumatic brain injury centers, and other treatment facilities.
- Pay for your recovery. Seeking monetary compensation won’t alleviate all of your suffering, but it will make sure that you have enough to pay for your past, present, and future medical care and take enough time off work to get well again.
- Hold dangerous parties accountable. If there is no incentive for a negligent property owner or reckless driver to change their behaviors, they simply won’t. A legal claim ensures that individuals and entities are held liable for their oversight, so other people do not suffer harm in the same way.
- Get answers. The seconds before an accident can all seem like a blur. What happened? Why did it happen? For many accident victims, our investigation into the circumstances of their injury provides much-needed answers to these questions and offers closure to move on toward recovery. Legal action can be empowering.
- Find a friend. It feels lonely dealing with insurance adjusters and medical bill collectors. Working with a dedicated personal injury lawyer gives you a friend in the fight. We only get paid if you get paid, so you know we’re seeking maximum compensation and looking out for your best interests.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
Preszler Injury Lawyers offers free case evaluations for all victims of car accidents, slip-and-falls, dog bites, product liability, workplace accidents, and other civil matters. We accept no payment up front and only collect a legal fee upon successful settlement or verdict.