Kelowna Lawyer for Long-Term Disability Claims
Injuries resulting in temporary or permanent disabilities can occur due to exposure to dangerous conditions or accidents that happen on the job, while out running errands, or when engaged in hobbies and activities with family and friends. They can prevent you from working or performing certain tasks at your job, while requiring ongoing medical care and attention. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we know the serious financial burden this can place on you and your family members. Our Kelowna disability lawyers have been helping clients get the compensation and benefits they need when injuries resulting in disabilities occur since first opening the firm.
Accident and Dangerous Conditions That can Result in Disabilities
Injuries at work, in your home, or during routine activities can end up being quite serious, leaving you to suffer ongoing disabilities. According to the BC Injury Research and Prevention Unit, the most common causes of these types of injuries include:
- Slips, trips, and falls;
- Transportation related accidents;
- Being struck by or against an object;
- Accidental burns caused by exposure to flames or hot substances;
- Being caught in or between heavy equipment or machinery;
- Near drownings and suffocations;
- Contact with defective or dangerous products.
At Preszler Injury Lawyers, we help people who have suffered serious and disabling injuries in these and other situations. Our Kelowna disability lawyers also represent those who have suffered illnesses as the result of exposure or prolonged contact with dangerous chemicals and contaminants, or other harmful substances.
Injuries and Illnesses That can Result in Disabilities
When accidents occur, it is important to seek medical help immediately. Even minor accident can result in severe and potentially disabling injuries, with symptoms that may take days or even weeks to fully appear. In many cases, victims do not realize the long lasting impacts their injuries will have on different areas of their lives or the ongoing medical care they are likely to require. This is one of the many reasons why it is so important to have an experienced Kelowna disability lawyer working on your case.
Over the course of representing clients in these types of situations, the Preszler Injury Lawyers team understands the serious ramifications your injuries can have, both now and in the years to come. Common types of injuries that can result in ongoing disabilities include:
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains and sprains;
- Severe cuts and lacerations, which may result in loss of use or amputation;
- Back and neck injuries, which can cause herniated discs and damage to the spinal cord;
- Traumatic brain injuries;
- Anxiety and depression;
- Neurological diseases and related conditions; and,
- Fibromyalgia and pain disorders.
Exposure to harmful substances is equally as dangerous and can leave you suffering the devastating effects of chronic and potentially life threatening diseases. These include asthma, asbestosis, and other types of lung and respiratory disorders, various types of cancers due to exposure to carcinogens, blood diseases such as leukemia, heart disease, stroke, and other complications that can result from repeated exposure to overly stressful situations.
Why You Need a Kelowna Disability Lawyer
Where and how a disabling injury or illness occurs plays a significant role in the types of compensation to which you may be entitled:
- If your disability occurred on the job or in the course of performing job related duties, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation benefits through WorkSafeBC.
- If you suffered a disability as the result of a motor vehicle accident, you may be entitled to compensation through the Insurance Company of British Columbia (ICBC).
- If your disability occurred on another’s property as a result of their negligence, you may be entitled to compensation in a claim against their insurer.
- If disabilities result from injuries suffered at your own residence, you may be able to seek compensation through any disability insurance coverage you have in place.
The common factor in all of the above is that you will need to prove that your injury or illness is indeed disabling and meets the insurer’s standards. At Preszler Injury Lawyers, our Kelowna disability lawyer can gather the evidence needed to support your claim, while negotiating with insurance representatives to help ensure that you get the maximum amount to which you are entitled.
Let Our Disability Lawyers Practicing in Kelowna Assist You
When it comes to your health and your ability to provide for yourself and your loved ones, do not take any chances. Get the professional legal representation you need. Reach out and contact our Kelowna disability lawyers at Preszler Injury Lawyers and request a free, one-on-one consultation today.